We Listen. We Help. We Care.

Dealing With Child Custody, And Domestic And International Travel Concerns

During or after a divorce, one parent may wish to travel with their children. At The Prince Law Group, LLC, our attorneys frequently work with international families. Custody orders, temporary or final may affect the ability of one parent to travel. Frequently parents consult the airline, airport, or Homeland Security for guidelines of travelling with minor children. Customarily, the nontraveling spouse will issue a “consent to travel letter” to the travelling parent.

My Children Need Passports. What Do I Do?

We advise you to contact your local Passport Agency. For sole custody situations only a certified copy of a court order issuing sole custody may be necessary. For joint custody situations, both parents may wish to take the children to the Passport Agency.

We have many clients who travel regularly with their children to other countries. Our lawyers have dealt with many concerns in this area, including acquiring letters of permission to travel with children from Homeland Security, which may be necessary for some people. We have also been retained to hold children’s passports in trust for parents as part of a child custody arrangement.

We Will Help You Find A Solution For Your Children’s Travel Arrangements

Call The Prince Law Group, LLC, in Stamford, Connecticut, at 203-653-8483 or contact us online to schedule your consultation with one of our lawyers.