Custody Of Your Children Can Be One Of The Most Difficult Issues In Your Divorce
Divorce is between adults; however your children may suffer. As you and your spouse reshape your lives, addressing your children’s well-being with a concrete physical schedule is paramount to your settlement.
The attorneys of The Prince Law Group, LLC, will give you the education you need to make informed decisions about matters that will affect your children’s lives long after your divorce is final. We have extensive experience helping parents find solutions to family law issues involving children, including:
- Child custody – Joint legal custody is typical in Connecticut.
- Parenting plans – Creating a parenting plan taking into account both parents’ work schedule and the children’s school schedule.
- Child support – Ensuring the children have what they need for financial support.
- Modifications to court orders – When things change, you may need to alter your current custody and support arrangements through the court.
- Contempt hearings – If you or your spouse is failing to live up to your agreement, a contempt hearing can be requested.
- Support enforcement – If a noncustodial parent fails to pay child support, there are remedies available to force the issue
- Guardian ad litem – Representation for the best interests of your child if you and your spouse or co-parent are unable to come to an agreement.
- Extracurricular activities and college costs – Planning for these expenses now and in your child’s future
- Sole custody and termination of parental rights – Both of these options may be available, depending on your situation.
- Parents’ rights – Children need both parents.
- Domestic and international travel – How to arrange holidays and vacations if one parent lives in another state or overseas.
- Parent education programs – You are required to attend classes on how to co-parent after your divorce.
Make The Right Decisions For Yourself And Your Children
Call The Prince Law Group, LLC, in Stamford, Connecticut, at 203-653-8483 or contact us online to schedule your consultation with one of our lawyers. You call also reach our New York office at 914-930-2982.