Stamford Divorce Planning Lawyers
Divorce Representation in Stamford, Greenwich and Fairfield County Courts
Pre-divorce planning is an important way to help you stay in control of important matters regarding your children, your finances and your property settlement. If you are considering to file for divorce in Connecticut, the first important planning step is to talk to an experienced family law attorney.
Even if You Don’t Know the Questions to Ask – We Do.
Call The Prince Law Group, LLC in Stamford to arrange a consultation to discuss your current situation and your future that will be part of your divorce. Most people filing for divorce are unaware of the process and what is necessary for a final Divorce Agreement. Even when both spouses think they have worked out everything over their kitchen table, they may be missing items such as health and life insurance, future stocks and retirement. We have helped hundreds of clients identify their issues and concerns and work through the divorce process. People are often surprised to learn that there are long-term financial consequences to their amicable agreements that will pose some significant difficulties in the years following their final divorce judgment. Many people simply don’t know what questions to ask or how to identify the many factors that go into a fair settlement, and that is where our experience makes a difference.
The Planning Process – Start With Information to Stay Empowered
When we discuss the circumstances of your divorce, we will evaluate your goals and expectations and what you expect out of a financial future and parenting plan if you have children. Some of the issues include:
- Your contempt hearing and what documents and records you will be expected to provide
- Whether mediation or collaborative law is right for you
- The contested divorce hearing for matters that can’t be resolved collaboratively
- Custody considerations, your children’s ages and their right to weigh-in on the decision
- State child support obligations, including support for extracurricular activities and post-majority support, and college
- Connecticut law regarding marital property and personal property and shared real estate
- Immediate and long-term tax consequences of your property settlement
- Retirement needs, fair division of pension and qualified retirement accounts
- Whether spousal support (alimony) is a likely consideration, given your circumstances
- Business valuation and division of ownership, present and future value of a cash business
Pre-Divorce Planning Empowers You to Remain in Control of the Outcome Now
Within your divorce there are often several subtopics that need to be taken into consideration when planning for a fair settlement. You are probably concerned about the big picture right now. That is why it is so important to let an experienced lawyer focus on the small details that can make a significant difference in your future.
We will give you the knowledge to feel empowered to remain in control. Our objective with every client, including you, is to help you through the divorce process with the confidence that your rights and financial interests have been protected and you are landing on your feet with a fair settlement in place. Attorney Wendy Prince is available to meet clients in the evening so you can continue your workday. We are a service-oriented family law firm. We offer complimentary valet parking for our clients.
Contact an Experienced Greenwich Divorce Valuation Attorney · Flexible Hours
From our offices in Stamford, we provide legal counsel for clients in family law courts in Fairfield County and communities throughout Southern Connecticut. Call us toll free at (203) 977-3700 or contact us by e-mail to arrange a complimentary initial consultation with one of our experienced Stamford divorce planning attorneys.